Sunday, July 24, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 6: 30 Interesting Facts

Okay, I'm not sure these are interesting or not but here goes...

1. I am one of 5 children. I love coming from a big family.
2. As much as I love coming from a big family, I don't think I want more than 3 kids.
3. I am a birthing-class drop out. Made it through 1/2 of the first class and decided I would learn what I needed when I was in the situation.
4. I have a terrible sense of direction and get lost frequently. I've even gotten lost in a parking lot once.
5. I have a varsity letter in football from high school.
6. I am not athletic at all and particularly hate running.
7. I used to love in-line skating and still kind of wish I had a pair (is inline skating super dorky now???).
8. I primarily work out of my house. I love this arrangement.
9. I am terrified of birds. Especially the thought of them getting into the house and flapping around.
10. Poor table manners are a major pet peeve of mine.
11. I have a terrible habit of mispronouncing words.
12. I have a septate uterus. It has caused me all kinds of grief.
13. I love food and wish I had an easier time dieting.
14. I love newborns but I actually do not love the newborn phase of parenting.
15. In general, I love being pregnant and, after both kids were born, mourned the end of my pregnancies.
16. I always knew I wanted to be a wife and mother. There was never any question about that and I am so grateful that I was afforded the opportunity to do both. I try not to take it for granted.
17. I am very good at multi-tasking but I am learning that I struggle being "present" when there is so much technology to occupy me. I am working on that.
18. Sewing is a new-found hobby and I really love it.
19. I struggle with loving being a working mommy but also wishing I was able to be a SAHM. I wish there was a better balance. I am regretful I don't get to do all of the playgroups, etc.
20. I am not a morning person AT ALL.
21. I have no sense of style whatsoever. Last year, my older sister had to intervene and force me to buy some more stylish t-shirts. It's that bad, friends.
22. I hate doing hair and makeup but I feel so much better when I take the time to do it.
23. I can't wear white to save my life. Within an hour, I have usually spilled something on myself.
24. I am very much a girly-girl. I still love my American Girl dolls.
25. I am highly opinionated and have learned to not be quite so loudmouthed over the years.
26. I am blind without glasses and my eyes won't tolerate contacts anymore.
27. Since having kids, I have struggled with a somewhat paralyzing fear of heights.
28. I have a secret desire to live in Nashville one day.
29. I feel like I would have liked being a nurse and would consider it as a second career later in my life.
30. I didn't love my wedding dress.

1 comment:

Betsy Noel said...

First, I found your list interesting, despite the fact that I knew *I think* everything on it. It was just fun to see it laid out like that. Second, the fashion part was especially entertaining to me, given that you were the one the first introduced me to fashion, makeup, and the phrase "pain is beauty." You have a inner fashionista, you just have different priorities now.