Thursday, July 21, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 2: Where I'd Like to be in Ten Years

Wow--in ten years I will have a 13 year old and 11 year old! That is hard to imagine!

Career
: I am currently a working mommy right now for a lot of reasons (personal satisfaction, finances, wonderful childcare) but one major reason is that I've always felt like I wanted to pay my dues now so I could hopefully pull back when my kids were hitting the middle school years. So, I really hope in 10 years that we are financially in a place where I can afford to work more part time (and by that I mean I want to be able to be home after school and, most ideally, at least a good chunk of the summer). I think the middle school years are so important and so formative and a time when children can really easily slip away from their parents...so I want to make sure I am wholly present for them during that time.

Family: I would really love if our family had grown by one and that we would have three kids. I'm not sure if this is in our future but there is a stubborn little voice in my head on this topic. We'll see...

There are some parts of ten years away that I feel like I can easily imagine but some parts that I can't...and one of those is with the kids. I have a hard time imagining what/where Charlie will be in ten years health-wise. I never knew anyone who couldn't eat or who had a feeding tube when I was growing up so I have a really hard time imagining Charlie as an adolescent still battling these problems and toting around his little backpack. The writing on the wall says that's exactly where we will be...but I can't imagine what it will look like. My greatest hope for him is that he is able to find his identity in all of this and that his medical conditions don't define him socially. I have the same worries for Jack but on a lesser scale.

No comments: