Tuesday, July 19, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge--Your Current Relationship

Alright! I am starting the challenge today!

My current relationship is...married to my husband of 4 years, Jared. We met while working for the same company. We actually met at a technology conference we were both attending. Afterwards, Jared would make random stops at my cubicle. :-) I had a terrible commute to work and someone mentioned he lived in the same general vicinity and knew a better route to work that avoided much of the traffic. I asked him for directions, he suggested we carpool and thus started our friendship. We carpooled together for about 3 months, where we were madly flirting with each other. Finally, we both brought different dates to the company Christmas party but wound up attending an after-party together. We've been together ever since. Jared is the love of my life and I knew very quickly that he was the ONE. We have been through a whole lot in our four short years of marriage...a premature birth and prolonged hospital stay, three job changes on Jared's part, another baby, too many surgeries and medical procedures to count, two major moves (one out of state, one in state but different city)...we've had our ups and downs and it hasn't always been easy but Jared is the only person I would want by my side.

1 comment:

The Writer Chic said...

Love that! Nothing like lots of time in a confined space (car pool) to see if there is something there...I think that's the coolest start to your story.