Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy 1st Father's Day!


My husband celebrated his first Father's Day today, right on the heels of his birthday yesterday (happy birthday!). I don't think there was any way to make it special enough--my husband has earned the right to be called "Daddy." Jared has been my rock through this past year--steady, holding it all together and keeping me from falling apart when things were tough. His love for me and for our baby is unrivaled...we've traveled a lot of road during our first year of marriage and he never once wavered on the course. He always puts me and Jack first--he never complained about sleeping on the uncomfortable, fold-out chairs in the hospital during my stay, or going to work in rumpled clothing (if you know my husband and his fetish for ironing, you would understand what a sacrifice this is), he never shied away even during the yuckiest parts of my hospital stay before (and after) Jack was born, he is the one up every 3 hours during the night to feed Jack...quite simply, he is the best husband and father I could have ever hoped for. Jared, I hope you had a wonderful first father's day and I am so proud to have you as my husband and proud every time I say "our baby".


I am lucky enough to not only have a husband who is a wonderful father but to have been raised by a wonderful father. I've always looked up to my father, who is kind, intelligent, thoughtful, generous and who loves his family so very much. It is from my father (and mother!) that I learned the value of family and it is through his love for my mother that I am learning to be a good wife. Thanks, Dad for all of your sacrifices for us, for keeping me afloat during those times I could have easily sunk, and for always believing in my best and never giving up on me.

No comments: