Monday, June 2, 2008

Back to Work...

Well, my maternity leave officially ended last night...and my return was celebrated by a visit from our friends at the FDIC (I am a compliance officer for a local bank). Last time they visited, I was getting married. Clearly, I have good timing when it comes to Major Life Events. So, Jack will spend the next two weeks with his daddy and his grandmothers for another two weeks before heading off to the wide world of day care. His father has already outdone my efforts to be June Cleaver...when I came home tonight, the linens had been stripped and changed, a healthy dinner was cooking, and Jack was happily eating his bottle in a cute, matched outfit. Generally speaking, when Jared would come home during my leave, he found me and Jack hanging out in the glider, watching reruns of Reba (don't ask...!?!?!), both of us in clothes smelling vaguely (some days less vaguely than others) like baby spit-up. I might feel somewhat inadequate if I weren't so touched that I have a husband so awesome that he can manage the house, the baby, going to school part time and putting up with me. I'm going to miss those wasteful afternoons...I hope I enjoyed them enough.

My four year-old niece is scheduled for a pretty major surgery tomorrow. My heart hurts for my sister as she has already had to watch her daughter struggle through two failed, less-invasive but still challenging attempts to fix the issue. We're praying the surgery goes well and my niece has as easy a recovery as possible.

No comments: