Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring!

Spring has finally arrived! We may have a lot of rain all of the time in the winter but our summers are spectacular and, when it peeks through, so is Spring. We have three trees in our front yard that, in aggregate, form a large canopy of branches covering the better part of the yard. Since we moved in January, we had no idea what the tree would look like fully dressed. Imagine our surprise when we received this unexpected gift last week:


It turns out the gnarled branches are a cherry blossom tree! I was so excited! I know it is fleeting but I am soaking up every minute of waking up and seeing those beautiful flowers filling my window.

The boys took a later nap today so we took advantage of the late afternoon and played outside. They had such a good time playing in the grass. A hard part of Oregon with small kids is the lack of ability to spend a lot of time outdoors in the winter.

Charlie has had little to no experience in the grass and he just LOVED it.


Jack has been on strike from the camera lately. Today, he was so drunk with the experience of being outside that he let me take his picture. :-)


It was one of those perfect days. Even this evening, when we were making dinner and chaos reigned...Charlie was squealing, Jack was pestering...Jared was disciplining...I had this acute moment of feeling like this is it, this is what I've always wanted, this is exactlywhere I am meant to be.

No comments: