Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Threads and Stitches

Since getting my new sewing machine, I've moved on from only making Charlie's pajamas tube accessible and have been teaching myself to sew! I've been having so much fun! Although I don't have any little girls, I've found that sewing girl stuff is so much more fun than boy stuff. So, I've been making a lot of little dresses but have recently done a pair of pajama pants for Jack (and I hope to make him several pairs). My biggest passion though is in making tube-accessible clothing. So, I've been working on making little dresses that are tube-accessible. Here is a picture of one of my creations:


And another (this one has two access points--at the tummy under the skirt for easy access to a button and in the skirt to run extension tubing out without pulling up the skirt):



One of the by-products of sewing is this: I am an impatient person. I am generally a hurry-through-it, get-it-done kind of girl. This doesn't always serve me well. Sewing is not something you can hurry through and get good results. So, I am finding that sewing is teaching me a much needed lesson in slowing down, taking time to do things right, and enjoying the process as much as the result.

1 comment:

fer said...

Love it, Sister!