Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I'm back...

Wow--it's been a long, long time. I haven't blogged in a long time because, quite honestly, I haven't known what to say. Our lives are so much more complicated, and so much richer, than I ever imagined when we first decided to start a family. I've been reluctant to share a lot of our past year because I don't want to give the impression that our life is only about health complications. But...this is our life and one thing I've learned from the past year is that other people's stories and experiences on similar paths have made mine so much easier. So, I'm going to try to get back in the swing of this.

I'm hoping to use this to chronicle my life as mother and wife, especially the peaks and valleys of our medical misadventures (as I like to put it!). I'm hoping that our stories can offer some hope to anyone in a similar circumstance who find their way here.

Right now, my biggest adventure is in parenting (ahem, disciplining) my three year old. Two went out like a lamb and three came in like a lion. My goodness, I feel like I have a whole new child. Jack has been really testing my patience lately and I have not felt like I have had some of my best parenting moments lately. We are currently trying a behavior sticker chart and trying to focus on rewarding positive behaviors. Our house was getting ugly with so many time outs. So, day three into the sticker chart and here is what it looks like. Yes, as you can seem, Monday was a rough day. Today was great--until bedtime. Any advice for surviving three?

No comments: