Monday, February 6, 2012

Pregnancy

They say every pregnancy is different and you can't compare one to the next. Here are the differences in mine...

Jack: With Jack, I had a dramatic start to the pregnancy and a dramatic end. The middle was pretty uneventful. At 6 weeks, at my first ultrasound, I found out I had a septate uterus and all the risks that came with that. A day later, I thought I was having a miscarriage following a hemorrhage. The bleeding went on until about 14 weeks. Jack hung in there. Then, everything was uneventful. I had terrible hip pain that made it hard to walk but nothing serious. Then, on Valentine's day, 7 1/2 weeks before my due date, my water broke. I spent a week in the hospital and Jack was born. A teeny little thing. 4 weeks after that, we brought him home. I had an easy time getting him out, a less easy time recovering.

Charlie: No drama. Some bleeding in first trimester. In second trimester, I starting having ocular migraines and would lose my vision occasionally. A nuisance but nothing that actually did any damage. At one day shy of 40 weeks, I was induced, sailed through delivery and brought home my baby two days later. Easy peasy.

Baby William: Completely, totally sick and exhausted for the first 14 weeks of pregnancy. I have had food aversions with all three but nothing like this. I was so sick. Otherwise, totally uneventful first and second trimester. Then, one day into the third trimester, this baby decides he should shake things up. 9 days in the hospital, narrowly averting a very premature birth, and now we are home like nothing happened. Frequent fetal monitoring that shows good trends. Obviously, the rest of the story is yet to be seen...but I am enjoying this uneventful period for now.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Praying for a very uneventful finish to this pregnancy. Amazing that three pregnancies in one person can be so different.