Tuesday, June 1, 2010

An Apple for Mother's Day

For Mother's Day, my sweet husband surprised me with a new MacBook Pro. For anyone who knows my husband, you know what a huge act of selflessness it was to humble himself enough to buy an Apple product--he is a PC man 100%.

I have been wanting a Mac computer for a while now and when my hand-me-down laptop that hit the end of its useful life, I started a campaign for a Mac. I honestly didn't think it would be successful so I was completely shocked when I came downstairs one evening to find a sleek, shiny computer with a red bow on top.

Since then, I've been having fun getting to know the computer. I haven't operated on a Mac since middle school, so it has been a learning curve but I right now, I am completely immersed in iPhoto and have managed to sort through and edit about half our gazillion pictures (one reason I never post on here, we are horrible about getting pictures off the camera and uploaded).

Mother's Day was otherwise quiet (well, as quiet as any day with two small children can be!). My mother had just left after visiting for Jack's second surgery and my in-laws were visiting my brother- and sister-in-law in Virginia. But, our little family was all I needed.

I feel very lucky to be mommy to Jack and Charlie. They truly light up my life in so many ways. Mother's Day is a gift to me every year; all I ever wanted was to be a mommy. I'm so glad Jack and Charlie made me one.

No comments: