Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!


We had a wonderful V-Day! It was one of the first Valentine's Days that has not been de-railed in some way or another. Last year, as we were literally walking out the door to go to dinner, my water broke unexpectedly and that Valentine's Day began a week-long hospital stay as we tried to keep Jack in as long as possible! Another year, we had little nieces staying over as my older sister went into labor and my nephew spent the night in the hospital after breaking his arm! Those are two of the more memorable V-Day hiccups but every year, there is something.

I digress...on Thursday night, we flew out to Arizona for a long-overdue trip to visit Jared's brother, sister-in-law and adorable 3 nieces. We had such a wonderful trip--a yummy, yummy decadent dinner on Friday at a Tuscan restaurant, softball games on Saturday morning/afternoon (you should see these petite little girls tearing up the field!), a early birthday celebration for Jack on Saturday evening...lots of catching up and relaxing. It was a great weekend. On Sunday, Jared flew home and on Monday, Jack and I made our way to San Diego for our week in town with my family. We had anothere birthday party for him last night--I will post pictures later. It was a wonderful evening. Exactly what I would have wanted for his first birthday party.

Meanwhile, I'm basking in a most perfect Valentine's Day--I'm so blessed by the two best sweethearts in the world.

2 comments:

Brigid said...

Your card arrived yesterday - so cute! I'll call you later to see if you are free this afternoon. I would love to be able to see you while you are in town.

Kellars Mommy said...

That picture is stinkin adorable..