Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Moving Woes

Last night I was feeling very stressed out about the logistics of the upcoming move...Jared's been gone for a couple of weeks now, so it is just me and Jack. It turns out that the new house is not set up for a gas dryer (which is what we currently own) but we were able to find someone with the electric version of our current dryer in the same position and so we traded! That was WONDERFUL and eliminated the need to purchase a new dryer--but, since Jared left, I have been without a dryer. Baby laundry is not easy without a dryer. But, I digress. As I was feeling rather sorry for myself last night, I decided to procrastinate figuring out childcare and the logistics of dealing with the packers, the movers, getting out of this house and to my parents, getting my office packed up, etc...by catching up on my blog reading. As usual, I was brought right back down to earth by CFHusband's blog. I've posted about this amazing family before--Tricia, the mom/wife has cystic fibrosis, Gwyneth, is the miracle premature baby born earlier this year, and Nate is the devoted, loving and blogging father/husband...well, Tricia is back in the hospital ICU battling an infection. The logistics this family has to face--well, it put mine in perspective. If you have some time today, say a prayer for Tricia's health.

4 comments:

Brigid said...

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you...I would be more than happy to take Jack for the day/afternoon to help with your packing. When do you take off?

Kellars Mommy said...

Wow I can't imagine trying to pack w/no help, I barely make it during the week doing just house stuff w/him going behind me and messing up what I've cleaned up. I have been meaning to check in on Tricia thanks for the update...

Kellars Mommy said...

Just checking in on you, hope all is well your way it's been a while since you blogged, maybe you''re busy packing and moving!

eileenalouise said...

Hope you are doing well lady!!! When is your last day in Cali? I'm definitely going to be in San Diego on Nov 2nd but please let me know if you are leaving earlier than that. xoxo