Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Things Found While Moving

Found under the guest bathroom sink...



If little dixie cups don't seem to be a particularly blog-worthy find, check out the expiration date on the coupon on the back of the box... (Look closely, it's at the bottom.)



These little cups have inexplicably survived, well, 32 years...they're older than me! (I say that with glee since hitting 30 has NOT been the highlight of my year.) Lest you think I haven't been able to bring myself to dole out some money for a newer box of cups...they aren't mine! This house belongs to Jared's parents, who lived here for approximately 11 years before our two years. Based on the age of the cups, they have traveled from Westchester, CA (LA) to Grass Valley, CA (Northern CA) and back to Southern California (and to two houses at that!). Why they've been moved is a mystery. I'm certainly not going to be the one to bring an end to their life...they'll stay here with the house. :-)

2 comments:

Tara said...

Ha! I found a glass jar of gravy in Maryann's cupboard when they moved into their big house that expired in 1989! I now keep re-gifting it to her for her birthday every year :)
You need to gift that box to Sharon! ha ha ha!!

Tara said...

I also just saw that they are Solo Cup! That makes this so much funnier for me!!!!! ha ha ha....