Monday, July 21, 2008

New Life, New Love


Jack was baptized on Saturday. It was a beautiful ceremony--and so meaningful for us after Jack's rocky start in life. The best part: as the priest poured the water over his head, he broke out in a huge smile, as if he knew what was happening.

The ceremony was followed by a reception at my parents' house and, as usual, my mother put on a beautiful party with lots and lots of yummy food. Jared's brother and sister-in-law came in from Arizona as Jack's godparents, and we all had a lot of fun with their three girls who are getting SO big, SO fast. My little sister was also in town from D.C., which was a special treat.

On Sunday, we celebrated some more at my future sister-in-law's bridal shower. It is amazing to see how quickly our family is growing. I feel so grateful that Jack is surrounded by aunts, uncles, and cousins.

No comments: